Productivity in the Garage: Tips on Designing an Office
Whether you’re a freelancer or tend to work even after you get back home, being productive and efficient can be really difficult if you don’t have your own workspace. You can be easily distracted and spend hours just trying to focus. Luckily, you can easily change this if you covert your garage into an office space.
Although you may think this is unnecessary and time-consuming, you’ll soon realize that it’s worth the effort. You’ll be able to work in a quiet, private environment without anyone distracting you from work.
However, before getting down to business, you need to prepare for converting your garage by planning everything in detail. Different tasks await you, from applying a fresh coat of paint and insulating your space to introducing the best overhead garage storage Murrieta, CA has to offer.
Can a garage be used as an office?
Of course, it can! This is a great idea that can help you make better use of your garage space while also enabling you to have your own productivity corner. However, keep in mind that some states require you to have certain permits for such a garage conversion. So, it’s advisable you consult with Murrieta’s Development Services beforehand to check what documentation you need.
Once you get the permits needed for your garage conversion, you can start planning your charming office. Here are a few planning steps you should consider:
- Create a layout. Try to find a design that will maximize functionality and organization since these factors have a crucial impact on productivity.
- Insulate and ventilate. Your new half garage half office should be airy, open, and cozy, which means you need to insulate your garage properly and ensure adequate ventilation.
- Clear out the area. Anything that doesn’t belong in a home office should be removed from your garage. Don’t let clutter build up.
- Clean and paint. You should freshen up your space by cleaning everything thoroughly and applying a fresh coat of paint.
- Let there be light. You cannot work in a dark garage. Make sure to install plenty of LED lights since they offer a glow similar to sunlight.
How much does it cost to turn a garage into an office?
The cost of a converting your garage into an office space can greatly vary depending on a number of factors. For instance, if your garage is properly insulated, you don’t have to invest in new insulation. In addition, if you have a spacious garage, you can expect the cost to be a bit higher than for a smaller one.
In general, converting your garage into an office space can amount to $15,000, but you should take some time to work out the total cost. You can do this by listing all the expenses, consulting with a designer or architect, discussing it with a friend who’s had a similar conversion, etc.
How do you organize an office?
Once you complete the conversion, you can start designing and organizing your new garage home office. It’s important you do everything you can to keep it tidy and clutter-free since this can hinder your work efficiency. You can follow some of these garage storage tips for a clutter-free space:
- Create different zones within your office if you plan to include a seating area.
- Make sure every item has its place where you can put it back after using it.
- Introduce plenty of boxes for storing documents that you don’t need at all times.
- Keep clutter under control to prevent it from overtaking your office and affecting your productivity.
- Choose overhead storage so you can keep those heavy boxes and other items you don’t need out of the way.
Our tailored overhead garage storage units Murrieta, CA will keep your office clutter-free
We bring you a simple solution to your organizational problems – overhead storage system made of the thickest steel possible. Our units are ideal for organizing any garage space. So whether you’ve been using your garage as an office, decided to organize an art studio in your garage or want to turn it into a home gym, our overhead racks are just what you need.
In addition, our storage installation technicians can give you advice on the best layout and set up your system the very same day. Afterward, you can go to the California Oaks Sports Park Pool before getting down to business. Contact us today!