Maximizing Garage Ceiling Storage
The ceiling isn’t a place you usually think of when considering storage improvement ideas. Yet, it can be the perfect place for storage, freeing up the rest of your garage for other purposes. There are different ways to maximize your ceiling storage and make the most of your space.
Getting an overhead storage rack for garage in San Diego is a cost-effective idea for organizing your garage. However, to achieve the best results, you should prepare for this garage improvement project. You can gather all the ideas you can find, work out how much money you have to spend on new garage storage, and see whether you’ll need any professional help.
Once you’re done with the planning stage, you can get down to business and start maximizing your ceiling storage racks.
How to maximize your garage ceiling storage?
So, you’re ready to handle your simple garage remodeling endeavor. But, you don’t know where to start?
Starting your garage renovation
Here are a few steps you should take before actually beginning your project:
- Explore your options. You should gather as many ideas as you can find for maximizing your garage storage on the ceiling, as well as the rest of the area. This will help you find the most appropriate solution that will meet your needs and fit your space.
- Assess your needs: What are you planning to store in your ceiling units? This is an important factor to consider since it can affect the type of storage system you choose. So, take some time to determine what kind of storage you actually need.
- Make a plan: After finding the right storage solution, you should think of the most appropriate layout. Will you place your storage in just one corner or across the entire ceiling? You may also decide to go with wall storage if you feel it suits your space better. Either way, create a layout that will bring maximum functionality.
Finding your storage options
You might be surprised to learn that there are more than a few storage ideas for the garage ceiling. You can always go with:
- Strong & large hooks: You can find J-style hooks and place them as close to the ceiling as possible. They can be used for hanging different types of supplies and tools, including landscaping tools, ladders, ropes, etc. Screw-in hooks are also a great choice.
- A cargo net: This is a great option for lightweight items that you have nowhere to store. Instead of building up clutter in your garage, you can just hang the net from the ceiling and turn it into a storage system.
- Slings. Hanging from the ceiling, these slings can be used for narrow equipment such as skis or kayaks.
- A pulley system: If you don’t know where to move your bike that keeps being in your way, you can install a pulley system onto your ceiling. Your bicycle will finally be out of your way.
- Overhead racks: This is one of the most flexible solutions, especially for storing heavy loads. You can free up your entire garage floor space with a big overhead rack system.
Choosing ceiling mounted garage racks
As already mentioned, overhead garage racks are a convenient solution for maximizing your ceiling storage capacity. They can be placed onto both the ceiling and walls, so you can decide which options meets your needs more. What’s more, you can find overhead storage of exceptional quality in San Diego. Just make sure to:
- Consider the rack layout that can fit into your garage. These racks are versatile and easily adjustable, so this won’t be a problem.
- Choose the right number and size of racks. If you have any doubts, you can discuss this with your preferred company.
- Go with racks that are covered by a warranty. This will cover you in case you’re dissatisfied with the product.
- Pick overhead garage racks that are made of the thickest steel available. After all, you’ll be storing a lot of items onto your racks.
Get premium overhead storage rack units for garage in San Diego
There’s only one place to get the best overhead racks for your garage – Good Garage. We bring you high-quality product that will truly delight you. Yet, our racks come at competitive rates that are based on full transparency.
Since our experienced installers can install your racks on the very same day they come for a consultation, you’ll even have time to relax and enjoy some quiet time at the Japanese Friendship Garden. If you’re planning to renovate your garage before putting in some storage, you should go over the guidelines for accessory units. Afterward, get in touch with us and we can help make your garage even better.